Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Annual Post

I guess it's almost time to do my long annual blog posting because that seems to be the trend since I started this blog. I have good intentions, I promise. I just needed a good ole' session of blog stalking to get me excited and recommited to this whole blogging thing. So I decided that maybe a blog makeover would motivate me to keep posting. Boy, I sure hope I'm right. I spent so much time trying to figure out how to use the dumb new blog designer. Am I the only one that feels like it's completely different and really hard to use? Maybe I'm the dumb one but I just had to vent anyway. So, hopefully all that time was well spent and won't go to waste. :)

Speaking of time, I just feel like there isn't enough of it! Life has been fairly crazy since I started dental hygiene school and I've learned a lot about trying to manage my time. Don't get me wrong, I definitely have not gained expertise in that area and still have a lot of priorities that are little mixed up (ehem netflix), but I'm grateful for this part in my life to help me be a little better at it. I'm also grateful for Dug who's constantly making sure that I am keeping my stress levels down because they tend to go through the roof at times.

And how could I not be grateful for this little guy?

Probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do is leave Hunter for school (which I have to do Monday-Thursday every week--thankfully I have a super awesome mom and mother-in-law to watch him for me). I bawled my eyes out the first time I left him at my mom's overnight because I had school early the next day. Other things that are hard are studying when I could be spending time with him and realizing that he is already ONE YEARS OLD! 

He's not an infant anymore. He's a full blown toddler-- tantrums and all. It has flown by so fast. He is walking good and is so cute when tries to run and usually loses his balance, especially when we chase after him. Good thing he wears fluffy cloth diapers to cushion his landing :) He has such a great personality and has a million different facial expressions already. I put a mirror in the back seat so I can see him in his rear-facing carseat and I can't tell you who loves it more between him and I. The other day on the way home I was cracking up at all the faces he was making at him self in the mirror. Total ham!

Some of his favorite things to do are: 
  • Play outside
  • Interacting with other babies/kids-- especially his cousins!
  • Get into everything that is off limits, like climb the stairs (his determination is pretty impressive)
  • Stick anything and everything into his mouth
  • Take baths 
  • Dance/music
  • Baby Einstein Videos
  • Babble away, he's got so much to say! {I know, I rhymed haha}
  • Play the "Where's Hunter" game
  • Stick out his tongue
  • Clap
I don't get to spend all the time I want with him, but when I do, I just love it-- even if he is a handful! I have said this about most all of the stages so far, but I think one is such a fun age!!


Now, time for picture oveload: 

  
Baby Einstein Birthday Party-- Hopefully post to come on this soon!



                             
Hunter came home from the Adamson's
tonight with his toenails painted.. I have
yet to find out who the culprit is! 
 Playing in the sandbox daddy made


First time at the zoo- had fun with our friends!

 This was about the only animal he really cared about at the zoo, but he had fun people watching. I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. :)

2 comments:

  1. You SHOULD post more often... but I know how priorities can get all mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good now that I know you have a blog I will stalk yours too :) haha and I'll really try!

      Delete