Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby.. it's time for a vacation.


Welp.. here goes attempt #2 at trying to be a cute little blogger wife. It's been almost a year since my last post, but that's normal right? I'll keep my fingers crossed that this time I will actually stick with it!


Since we have been married there has been many occasions where I become absolutely obsessed with vacations. First, it was Puerta Vallarta. Then Hawaii. Then a cruise. {Nope we did not go to any of these wonderful destinations.. they were only my fantasies that I researched for a potential vacation.} Sad to say that due to our busy schedule and low married-college student funds, we have not had the chance to go on my dream vacation. However, when Spring semester started I made absolutely sure Dug and I had Spring Break week off so that we could finally get to go somewhere. Note: We have been other places for family events like Idaho, Utah, etc which were super fun, but I seriously craved relaxing on the beach. Well Spring Break time rolls around and we don't have any official plans.. so at last minute we decide to take a short romantic trip to California. Perfect. Idea. It wasn't crazy expensive and we had a blast relaxing and spending time together {Best Part!}


Wednesday we slept in and started our road trip to Newport Beach, Cali. It was so fun singing along to our favorite music and laughing and getting to talk about just random things. Did I mention laughing?


When we got to the hotel we checked in, walked around the beautiful grounds, and went to dinner at an Italian restaraunt called Mama D's. It was delicious! Dug loved the bread there so much that he said he would be fine eating there every meal! Silly guy. We drove around the city for a bit, got some groceries, and went back to the hotel to get some sleep for the long day of adventure I had planned for us {much research=Good deals & Fun!}.



Our Cute Hotel Room at the Hyatt Newport Beach Regency


We woke up and drove~30min to Long Beach where we boared the Catalina Express on a quick hour trip to Catalina Island {along the way we saw Dolphins and Seals!} As soon as we got there we pretty much ran a mile to Descanso Beach Ocean Sports to get our double Kayak and full wetsuits/snorkeling gear. After Kayaking for a while (which we were really good at) we pulled off to a nice beach to have lunch. After several attempts to snorkel in the ICE COLD water- bad idea I must admit-we decided to just relax and play in the sand and kayak more.



Aren't we adorable? {Feel free to laugh because yes.. these wetsuits are the least flattering oufits. Ever. Plus, the sandals don't help!}


Kayak Gear

Artist: Breezy's Stud

We then went Parasailing. 1400 feet in the air to be exact. I may have peed my swim suit bottoms a little... and I was a little unwilling to let go of the straps to hold Dug's hand {he got a kick out of this.} The view was beautiful and we saw seals, dolphins, and basically the whole island! It was way worth it. But I'm sad.. no picture of us doing this. But trust.. we really did.


Just pretend that's us! We were a TON higher than this, but we had the same awesome smiley parachute.

After that we walked around the shops, got candy for Dug, shared a carmel apple, bought a cute tee shirt for me, and then had a nice dinner at the Avalon Grille. Then exhausted we fell asleep on the Catalina Express boat back to Long Beach and drove back to the hotel where we took advantage of the jacuzzi. Then we watched some Seinfeld, fell asleep, and drove home the next day.

Harbor of Avalon, CA... AKA Catalina Island


Short but Sweet. And much needed. :)


(P.S. Dug loves cool Odometer numbers and we hit the big 100,000 miles so he had me film it. Here it is!)



No comments:

Post a Comment