Saturday, April 16, 2011

Change

CHANGE. It can be a scary thing. Or it can be exciting. Or Both. Sometimes it hits you hard and other times you barely even notice it happening. One thing about it is constant, though: it will always happen.

I have been thinking a lot about changes around me and in my life. My sister Brooke is graduating in a month. SO WEIRD. I still think of her as the sleepy little girl pointing to the doll in the toy car on Christmas morning saying "Get out!" But I have to admit, she has grown so much even in the last year but I didn't even realize just how much until now. Little babbling Brooke isn't so little anymore. She has become a beautiful confident young woman! And little Bit (aka Brittney Boo). It seriously hit me looking at her facebook profile pic that she is growing up too. I was thinking "Gosh, who is this gorgeous girl! She is not that rosie-cheeked baby I knew that was obsessed with barbies and barney anymore!" She's almost in high school!! Pure craziness. I love my sisters and am so excited for them at these turning points in their lives. I can't imagine how my parents must feel!

My Amazing Seesters :)

Another exciting change.. my best friend is getting
MARRIED! This makes me incredibly happy. Chelsea and I have been pretty much sisters for almost 10 years and I am so glad we have stayed close through all the changes in our lives.. and I just love that she found her Mr. Right and he put a ring on it. YAY! Love you Chels!


BFF's in Las Vegas

The Lovebirds {she's got the ring!}

Other changes, unexpected and difficult to handle, happen too though. At the end of last year I had lost two wonderful people in my life: My granny Ecco and my cousin Dalton. Granny Ecco, who almost made it to 100 years old, passed away quietly in November. She is now with her hubby in heaven. I will always keep my great-grandmother in my heart because she was an amazing lady and I loved her so much.

Dalton, who was just a few months younger than me, passed away in a car accident. For my whole family this has been one of the hardest changes to overcome. Daltonator had so much energy and was so full of life. I can't imagine times at our family cabin without him. I love him and miss him a lot and am thankful I have the spirit as my comforter to help me get through the hard times by knowing he is in a good place. And I'm grateful that this experience has led my family to become closer to his girlfriend Emi. She is so wonderful and we have come to love her as family!

As for me, I am trying to make some small personal changes, too. First on my list is eating healthier and working out. This week I have been pretty good at it. And of course, blogging is on my list too {keeping a journal of any sorts has never been my thing.}

Who knows what changes the near future holds for us.. Dug may start pharmacy school in June and we may buy a house and I might get in to dental hygiene school.. it's all up in the air at this point. I have always been a planner so flying by the seat of my pants isn't easy to do. I have always been uncomfortable with change.. it makes me nervous. SO.. I'm trying to be BRAVE with change because.. it's part of life. It's part of the plan. It's part of who we are.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh!! You have no idea how much the title of this post scared me!! I thought you were about to say that you guys were moving, or having a baby or something! I don't deal with change well either... so that means you better let me and jamie know whatever your plans are missy! Haha jk, but kinda seriously :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and PS... you guys still have to hang out with us even though your best friend will be getting married soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wait...you'll be pregnant soon :D

    ReplyDelete