Friday, April 15, 2016

25 Weeks

Sorry to those who have been patiently waiting for an update.. I've just been super busy.. HAHA! Just kidding, obviously. The real reason I haven't updated is there really hasn't been much change going on-- which is a good thing! Babies have been passing their monitoring sessions with flying colors and I have not had any signs of infection or contractions. My doctors are telling me I could be one of the lucky ones who stay here in the hospital for the long run! As hard as it's going to be I'm just so thankful to be stable and with a better outlook for these twin boys. 

I am also really grateful for hitting 25 weeks!!! Like 24 weeks, there is a big jump in success once hitting 25 weeks. If the babies were born this week I think there is a 75-80% chance they will survive, with up to a third of those having some form of developmental complications. Not the best stats, but much better than what we were looking at. I have a growth ultrasound on Monday (we have these done every 3 weeks) and we will have an idea of about how much the babies weigh. Afterwards, we will do our tour of the NICU and talk with neonatologist again about what to expect for how far along we are and the weights of the babies. I'm excited and nervous.. Hopefully they will be right on track growth wise like they were last time. They were a little over a pound each then so hoping they will be nearing close to 2lb each! I still have weekly ultrasounds to measure the fluids around the babies, and this week Baby A had a little over 2cm of fluid, which is good considering his sac broke! Baby B has about 4cm of fluid which is normal.

Other than normal pregnancy symptoms, I have felt great the whole time. Well, besides one day this week I was really nauseous and kept throwing up. It made me feel really crampy so I was nervous I was going to go into labor. But luckily after 48 hours I was feeling better - must have been the hospital food, haha. In the hospitals defense, though, the food is actually pretty good and I was even granted permission to order off the special "bistro" menu so I have a few more options since I'm referred to as a "long term patient". ;)

I've been good emotionally too. I have had a lot of time to reflect on things. I have thought a lot about the power of kindness and service, and how my little family has been so blessed by those who have helped us during this time. It made me realize how much more I need to serve others and has motivated me to do something about it once I break out of this joint.

I also realize how much I take the little things in life for granted, like putting my children to bed. I used to think of it as a chore some nights, but now I yearn to be able to tuck my boys into bed and read them a story and kiss them goodnight. For now, I'll settle with our little visits where we take wheelchair rides and hang outside for a little bit. I probably look forward to these times the most! 

The Lord knows what he is doing. He knows we need trials to help us rely on him and help refine us into better people. I just hope that I learn whatever he needs me to learn from this trial, and that I will be a better person on the other end of it. It's hard to be stuck in a hospital room and this pregnancy has been the hardest thing I have ever had to go through... But I know He has heard and answered my prayers and all the prayers in our behalf. 

Now, here's to our next major goal: 28 weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment